Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still Keeping In Shape

Since my injury I have been unable to do my daily routines like I have been doing the last 6 months on the track and off the track. With being unable to do what I did before I my injury I had to come up with something else to do. The result of this came to a lot of upper body, so it would consist of arms, shoulders, back and abs.

I have not come up with an exact program yet because my surgery is in one week. This makes there no point in getting into a routine when I wont be able to train for a few weeks after getting surgery. Each day total I do maybe about 90 minutes of training just to get a good workout in.

First, every time I go to the training room I do a certain exercise before and after my ice, stimulation, and stretching. The certain thing I do is 4 sets of chin-ups, I started with 5 repetitions the first week I hurt myself. I do chin-ups with my hands facing forward, backwards, and alternating. Now my second week in it I am doing 7 repetitions, by adding one each week it will push my limits slowly and help me get over my fear of chin-ups.

Other then that each night I go to the gym located in the recreation center. I start and end with the same chin-ups, and also dips of the same sets and repetitions. Besides that I do a mixer of 5 different arm exercises each time, usually with 3 sets of 12 repetitions. Then in-between each set of exercises I do 50 crunches, I keep doing this until I reach a total of 300 crunches overall. It’s not the best workout I have done, but it’s all I can really do at this stage in time. If anyone has ideas on other stuff I could or should do just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment